December 31, 2010

Victorian Literature Challenge

I'm feeling very adventurous in taking on my third challenge in one week. But what the heck, it's all a part of my resolution, right? The Victorian Literature Challenge sounds interesting. I've already read a ton of Victorian Literature including the Bronte sisters, and Dickens, but there is still so much out there! I'm going to try the 'Sense and Sensibility' level......wanna take things slow. Who knows if I'll be able to read so much?! So far I only have two books from the Victorian age sitting on my bookshelf that need to be read: Vanity Fair by William Thackeray, and The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins. You can be sure I'll add more books as the year goes on!

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Yay! Thanks for joining in! Vanity Fair is a fair chunk of a read - let me know how you get on with it. I've not tried it yet!

Trish said...

Good idea to take it slow. I'm choosing my books as the year goes along because, really, reading a book is so much a mood thing, isn't it? I'll be interested to see how you like The Woman in White - I've had my eye on that one for a while.

Sarah said...

Trish - Exactly. Reading is all about the mood, and challenges are just part of the fun. Let's hope I actually complete this one:)