November 29, 2019

The Wife Between Us


This book was oh, so good. I've been a mystery fan for years (my obsession with Agatha Christie is obvious if you search my blog!), but I have never read any contemporary mystery novels. I didn't think I would enjoy this, but I was so wrong!

The Wife Between Us leads you on a journey that leaves you amazed, intrigued and amazed again. I didn't know what was happening and before I knew it, I understood it all. The story revolves around two women: Nellie and Vanessa, both entangled in the life of Richard, a handsome and successful man who deeply cares about his wife. Little by little, we begin to see glimpses of their lives, like little puzzle pieces that should fit together, yet don't seem to.

We are first introduced to Nellie - the 'other woman'. She seems to be a young, and slightly naive girl who's been swept off her feet by the much older and stable Richard. He has fallen in love and when he loves someone, there's nothing he won't do.

Next we have Vanessa - the wife. An unstable alcoholic who has ruined Richard's life. Her antics and uncontrollable behavior have cost her her marriage.

Prepare to be blown away!

No comments: