January 27, 2014

Libraries

So I've rediscovered the joy of libraries; it's been over 15 years that I've stepped into one and things have changed. For one, I never knew about the online facility of putting holds on books........it's heaven! For example, many of the books I wanted to read kept on showing up as available at central storage. I didn't know what that meant in regard to getting the book, so I just got up and asked the librarian. Lo and behold I can just place a hold and it gets sent to my location. The first thing I did on learning this was place holds on TEN books. The books I've put holds on are as follows:

by L. M. Montgomery

Akin to Anne
A Tangled Web
Along the Shore 
Among the Shadows

by Louisa May Alcott

A Long Fatal Love Chase
Rose in Bloom

Lost Laysen by Margaret Mitchell
Rhett Butler's People by Donald McCaig
The Twelfth Enchantment by David Liss
The Murder on the Links by Agatha Christie

As you can imagine, I'm thrilled. I can put holds on books I want that I haven't been able to read in years - this is making me giddy. I'm especially happy about the L. M. Montgomery's books that I haven't been able to get my hands on in Pakistan. Now that I'm surrounded by books, you can expect a surplus of reviews and posts. Well, I'm off to the library! See you later :D

No comments: